Tuesday, March 29, 2011

blog #10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1l4pDXbkic&feature=related

I thought it was important for a remix to be identified and still be relatable. I like this remix because it changes the mood of the song for me. It has a more uplifting beat and at times overlooks the lyrics—which I like.

The notion that we are going to remix items no matter what. That recreation is happening and will continue to happen has been really interesting to me. I started thinking about this more and then came to this revelation on pg. 50, “The act is the same: only the source is different.” (Lessig). The act of citing work will be the same—using of others people words or art will be the same the difference is how to cite. To properly give people credit. I think this goes with not only my remix but all remixes. The way we get our information is different but the info is the same. With a remix we are creating our culture and new art.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if that was exactly what Lessig meant by the quote you used. I was more under the impression that he meant that the act is the same: when people cite others in text they are essentially remixing, sampling, or creating a collage of others work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caimen is mostly right here, but you make an interesting point. That being said, make sure you follow the prompts here in that I don't quite see 3 direct connections to Lessig (maybe 2 if I push it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog MAKEUP comment:

    Always have dug what the XX have done. As for your quote I am a little confused as well, I see it more as him pointing out that originality has always been a form of remixing older works, even in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of music! I do get your idea of how we should properly credit people making remixes. Also, times are changing so ways of getting others works to make remixes is also becoming easier. It is creating a new culture and art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the choice in song you have used. I also like the quote "with remix we are creating our culture and new art". I wonder then how our culture would change if the way people remix would begin to change? If copyright changed in the ways that Lessig proposed, do you think it would change the way we create our culture?

    ReplyDelete